June is Adopt a Shelter Cat Month, and while our company name is dog-centric, we appreciate our feline companions just as much! We also hope you’ll consider adopting a kitty, or at least help spread the word and be active on behalf of shelter cats in other ways:
- Share adoptable kitties on your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.).
- Write a blog or an op-ed to the editor of your local paper about the importance of adoption.
- Donate money, time and/or talents to your local cat rescues and shelters.
- Add a link from your websites to adoptable cats, like we’re posting one here right now leading to cats on Petfinder.com!
- Educate your family and friends about the importance of adoption, spay/neuter and TNR programs.
- Make your own cool Adopt-a-Cat Month Twibbon for your Facebook or Twitter page!
- Consider being a foster to a cat in need. Foster homes are a great way to help save other animals by making more space in the system, getting a real feel for the animal in a home environment so it’s more properly adopted out, and to help with rehabilitation for the cat until it can be placed in a permanent home. We love fosters and we do not charge additional pet rate fees for fosters or feral cats!
- Promote fostering and adoption through your Tweets and Facebook status updates.
- Pass it along to the next generation! Teach your kids and other youth about the importance of adoption and responsible ownership.
We appreciate your help in promoting adoption for our feline friends!
Owner, Delightful Doggies