Delightful Doggies is a woman-owned, Colorado-registered LLC, insured and bonded through Business Insurers of the Carolinas and Pet First Aid/CPR certified through the American Red Cross. Launched in January 2012, Delightful Doggies offers customized in-home dog training services.
To provide quality in-home training services that are customized to the client’s needs, as well as provide other services and referrals, to ensure the best possible relationship for human and canine.
Our Philosophy and Methods
We adhere to the Hierarchy of Dog Needs and LIMA approach (least intrusive, minimally aversive) in our training and behavior modification. We will always screen out medical issues, provide proper management to set up the human and dog for success, and concentrate on getting and reinforcing the behaviors we want, rather than suppressing or punishing behaviors we don’t want. We believe in helping a dog learn what TO do, and make the right choices. We coach our human clients on how to understand the dog’s perspective and how to successfully use marker/clicker-based training to teach dogs how to live safely, confidently and harmoniously in our human world. We view training as a necessity, not a luxury! We DO NOT use positive punishment (adding something unpleasant) to stop behaviors or tools such as electronic/static collars, fences, mats, or choke chains or prong/pinch collars.
Our trainer toolbox includes:
- Clickers and marker words
- Capturing, shaping, targeting and luring techniques to teach behaviors
- Front-clip harnesses or regular flat collars (head collars and martingales as appropriate)
- Positive reinforcement / negative punishment (taking away of rewards) to teach alternate behaviors
- Real-life rewards in addition to other motivating reinforcers
- Desensitization and classical counter conditioning to change associations and emotional responses
- Behavior Adjustment Training (BAT), Look at That (LAT) and click for calm methods for reactivity/aggression
- Proper nutrition and exercise
- Management of the environment to set the dog up for success (i.e., antecedent arrangements and tools such as tethers, gates, leashes, long leads, enrichment toys)
- Tools for relaxation: TTouch, dog appeasing pheromones, Composure, Zylkene, Thundershirts and T-shirt wraps, calming caps, aromatherapy, Rescue Remedy, massage, light music/white noise, Relaxation Protocol and settle on a mat
- Referrals to other qualified professionals as needed
We are committed to the best for your dog! Contact us for more information and to schedule an appointment.
Why Delightful Doggies?
- We are certified through CCPDT (CPDT-KA) and ABC (ABCDT and RVA).
- We cater our services to your needs.
- We provide in-between session support and customer service at no extra cost, in a timely manner.
- We offer competitive rates.
- We believe in life-long learning and participate regularly in workshops, webinars, lectures and other continuing education options.
- We network with other professionals to provide the best care possible.
- We actively volunteer in the community and provide services to shelters and rescues free of charge.
- We offer substantial discounts on services for foster animals to help rehabilitation and rehoming efforts.
- We genuinely love your pets!
Delightful Doggies | 303-550-5652 | firstname.lastname@example.org